ACTIVE TRAVEL SURVEY: LARKHALL, STONEHOUSE, STRATHAVEN
Added on 30 January 2021
South Lanarkshire Council have commissioned AECOM to conduct three Active Travel Feasibility Studies.
- Uddingston, Bothwell and Blantyre;
- Larkhall; and
- Stonehouse, Strathaven and the surrounding villages.
These studies aim to identify existing barriers to cycling and walking for everyday journeys and identify potential improvements to encourage greater uptake of active travel within the areas above and across South Lanarkshire. As part of the studies, the project team have been reaching out to key stakeholders like yourself and local communities to identify the improvements desired locally. The project team are wanting to identify what is good, bad and what could be improved in the areas and we were hoping that you might be able to share your views via our online surveys or through our Placecheck Map where you can post comments on the map and see what comments other people have left. These online surveys and mapping tools can be accessed through the following links below:
Uddingston, Bothwell and Blantyre
- Online Survey: www.SouthLanConsultationBothwell.co.uk
- Placecheck Map: https://www.placecheck.info/app/maps/bbu
- Online Survey: www.SouthLanConsultationLarkhall.co.uk
- Placecheck Map: https://www.placecheck.info/app/maps/larkhall
Stonehouse, Strathaven and the surrounding villages
- Online Survey: www.SouthLanConsultationStrathaven.co.uk
- Placecheck Map: https://www.placecheck.info/app/maps/strathaven
The surveys will remain open until Monday the 8th of February and we would be delighted if you were able to take some time to share your views and help the Council identify the best improvements for the local areas. If you would like to find out more about the project and ways to contribute please visit: https://www.southlanarkshireview.scot/news/article/846/Have_your_say_on_Active_Travel. Over the coming months the project team will be assessing the comments from stakeholders and the local community and identifying proposed improvements.